Never Run Out of Inspiration Again!
We've all experienced those moments of staring at a blank screen, desperately trying to develop a blog post idea. Whether you're lacking inspiration or in a rush to stick to your blogging schedule, having a ready-made list of blog post ideas can be a lifesaver. In this post, I'll walk you through a simple brainstorming exercise that will result in many blog post ideas you can use whenever you need inspiration. Say goodbye to writer's block and hello to a constant flow of engaging content!
DAY ONE- Log Into Your Blog and Make a List of Your Categories
This was DAY One's Task, but just in case you didn't do it– Start by logging into your blog and taking note of all the categories you have set up on your blog. While you may have a good idea of the main categories, ensuring you don't overlook any is essential. Jot down each category in your notebook, leaving ample space below each for brainstorming ideas. Pick your top THREE categories first.
DAY TWO – Come Up With At Least 10 Blog Post Ideas Per Category.
With your list of categories ready, it's time to let the ideas flow! Challenge yourself to develop at least ten blog post ideas for each category. Don't censor yourself or worry about perfection at this stage. The goal is to generate as many ideas as possible. Write down the first things that come to mind, and don't be afraid to think outside the box. Remember, you can always refine, tweak, or discard ideas later. Focus on quantity for now.
The Alphabet Soup method is a secret weapon for bloggers needing fresh blog ideas. It's a simple yet powerful technique that can spark your creativity and uncover a goldmine of content possibilities. By the way, I learned the Alphabet Soup process from my friend/coach/partner in business – PIPs-Sadie Smiley. https://pamallenonline.com/pipssignup
Here's how it works:
- Start with a keyword: Choose a broad keyword or topic related to your blog niche. Let's say you're a food blogger who wants to find healthy recipe ideas.
- Type the keyword into a search engine: Enter your chosen keyword into a search engine like Google.
- Add letters of the alphabet: Here's where the magic happens! After typing your keyword, add a letter of the alphabet, starting from A and moving through to Z. For example, search for “healthy recipes A,” “healthy recipes B,” and so on.
- Explore the search suggestions: As you type the keyword with each letter, pay attention to the search suggestions that appear. These are the phrases that other people have searched for, indicating popular topics and queries related to your keyword.
- Find inspiration: Take note of the search suggestions that catch your eye. These can serve as valuable inspiration for your blog post ideas. You might come across intriguing suggestions like “healthy recipes for beginners,” “healthy recipes on a budget,” or “healthy recipes for picky eaters.”
- Expand on the ideas: Once you have a list of search suggestions, expand on them. Brainstorm variations, specific angles, or unique twists that align with your blog's focus and your audience's interests. For example, for the suggestion “healthy recipes for picky eaters,” you could create a blog post titled “10 Sneaky Vegetable Recipes That Picky Eaters Will Love.”
- Rinse and repeat: Keep going through the alphabet, letter by letter, and explore the search suggestions for each one. You'll be amazed at the abundance of emerging blog post ideas.
The Alphabet Soup method taps into the power of search engine suggestions to guide your brainstorming process. It helps you uncover popular topics and potential blog content gaps. Incorporating these ideas into your editorial calendar will keep your blog fresh, relevant, and engaging for your readers.
Another way is to use ChatGPT– a straightforward prompt- Please give me ten blog ideas for (#1 Category) or even a better one is “Create a list of at least ten blog post ideas on the following topics: [Enter topics separated by commas]. Suggest SEO-Friendly title for each post, and use an emotional and persuasive tone in post titles.”
If you want more prompt ideas, please join my pals over at The Women of AI (ChatGPT, Midjourney, and more.
Rinse and Repeat As Needed
The beauty of this brainstorming technique is its repeatability. Whenever you find yourself in need of fresh blog post ideas, revisit this exercise. By the time you cycle back to it, you'll have used up the previous ideas, making it easy to come up with a new batch. Remember to brainstorm ideas for each category, ensuring that no area of your blog is neglected in the coming weeks and months. Embrace this technique as your go-to solution for inspiration whenever you need it.
Using the above techniques, please write ten blog post ideas for your three categories.
Here is a very simple spreadsheet to keep track of your ALPHABET SOUP idea.
Q1: What if I don't have many categories on my blog?
A1: No worries! Start by listing the categories you do have, and consider expanding or refining them as you go. This exercise can help you discover new themes or subtopics for your blog.
Q2: Can I use digital tools for brainstorming instead of pen and paper?
A2: Absolutely! While using a notebook and pen is my personal preference, feel free to adapt this exercise to your preferred method. Word documents, spreadsheets, or specialized brainstorming apps are all excellent alternatives.
Q3: What if I struggle to come up with ten ideas for each category?
A3: Don't stress! Sometimes, certain categories may require more brainstorming effort. Aim for a minimum of five if you struggle to reach ten ideas. The key is to get the creative juices flowing and build a solid foundation for future content.
With this simple yet powerful technique, you'll never run out of blog post ideas again. By logging into your blog, identifying your categories, and brainstorming a minimum of 10 ideas for each, you'll create a treasure trove of potential content. Whether you need inspiration now or in the future, this exercise will be your reliable source newesh blog post topics. Embrace the process, let your creativity soar, and enjoy the continuous flow of engaging content on your blog.
Happy brainstorming, and may your blog be filled with captivating posts! Tomorrow we will be chatting about Blog Post Titles.